The “Sri Lanka Heart Association” will host the International Conference on Preventive Cardiology in October, 2015, in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Papers/ case studies/ proposals based on original research in the following areas of interest may be submitted for the free paper sessions.
1. Segment on epidemiology:
(i) The burden of non-communicable disease.
(ii) The incidence and prevalence of IHD
(iii) Studies done on indigenous populations compared to those done on migrant populations in USA, UK, Canada etc.
2. Segment on prevention:
(i) Modifiable risk factors identified via local research
(ii) Governmental preventive programmes.
(iii) Non- governmental preventive programmes.
3. Segment on rehabilitation:
(i) Economic burden of IHD.
(ii) Basic requirements of a rehabilitation programme.
(iii) Workshop on training a rehabilitation team.
(Experts may also submit reviews pertaining to these subject areas)
1. Epidemiology of ischemic heart disease and rheumatic heart disease
2. Preventive programmes for IHD, diabetes mellitus and hypertension
3. Socioeconomics of non-communicable diseases
4. Control of hypertension
5. Control of hyperlipidemia
6. Cessation of smoking and alcoholism
7. Management of obesity
8. Dietary supplementation with fish oil, vitamins, resveratrol etc..
9. Stress management
10. Use of aspirin
11. Physical activity and exercise
12. Use of mass media in health education
The studies presented could be based on data from any geographical location but the discussion must highlighted a generalizable conclusion.
Closing date for abstract submission will be 15th August, 2015.